Tuesday, February 10, 2015

"I Want You To Do This." -God

The older I get the more and more I realize that everything happens at the right moment for the right reasons. God's plan for our lives are better than our own, but sometimes, just sometimes, our plans coincide with God's plans and everything syncs the way you want them to. This is happening to me right now.

I have always desired to visit Yellowstone National Park, and for awhile I have wanted to run a Half Marathon race. 'Lack' has always prevented me from both; lack of money or lack of time or lack of energy. But I have erased 'Lack' from my life this year and exchanged it for 'Resolve'. I will resolve to save money for the trip, I will resolve to make the time, and I will resolve to do what it takes to train for the race.

The best thing 'Lack' ever did for me is prevent me from ever having made this trip without my children. I am so excited to be able to experience one of the world's Natural Wonders for the first with them as they also experience it for the first time.

How things are falling into place being orchestrated by the Creator of all good things:


  • I was looking on Pinterest and saw something about a race in Yellowstone. I looked up the website, liked what I saw and impulsively registered right then and there. I figured I would work the details out in time.
  • Then, since I hadn't been planning on running a race this year and have been rather couch potato-ish lacking in exercise, I looked up how to train for a half-marathon. Everywhere I looked said to give yourself 16 weeks of preparations. It is 17 weeks until the race.
  • Tax season gave me a return that would fund the entire trip.
  • Within days I had at least one of my sisters (hopefully more) and a brother-in-law on board to come with. Now I have someone to be with the kids while I am running.
  • Also, within days, reservations were made for a cabin for myself and the kids near Yellowstone and also for two nights at a campground in Glacier National Park. 
The kids and I are beyond excited! 

Oftentimes, an impulsive act can get you in trouble, especially if trying to do what you want to do  brings nothing but heartache,  but sometimes an impulsive act is nothing less than God tapping you on the shoulder and saying..."I want you to do this!" 

"Nature is the artwork of God"





No comments:

Post a Comment