Monday, April 30, 2012

April's Happiness Project: Work Part 2

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." ~Erma Bombeck


The month of April has been overwhelming. Between work, school, baseball, first communion, cub scouts, and daily living...I haven't found the time or energy to blog. This will change. I get great pleasure out of writing and have decided I must find the time to do so.

That being said; I will finish Part II of April's Happiness Project post since there is only one day left in the month! The answer to the question I left off with, "Am I passionate about my job?" is yes....and no. I do not find fulfillment anymore in my work as a caregiver. I enjoy being able to help and care for the people I have worked with, and I have enjoyed many heartfelt conversations with my clients. However, it is increasingly difficult to carry the burden of someone else's stresses when I have my own at home. I genuinely care for my clients and (most of the time) enjoy working for them...but I need change. My job consist of the same thing day in and day out...and to say the least is has become monotonous.

That being said, my week is tempered with my enjoyment of teaching. Working with the Kindergartners IS ever changing and has been a very fulfilling journey that I embarked on last September. My solution to being only half passionate about my work is this: I will continue my job as Personal Care Aide until the beginning of the next school year, at which time I will throw myself whole-heartily into my work as teacher. I intend to make the most out of my numbered days with the client I am currently caring for. I will thank God for every day he has given me the ability to work, and I won't begrudge the monotony because the end is in sight.

Now, I also intend to write whole-heartily. I look forward to continuing this memoir I started once upon a time. I welcome you to join me on my journey.

Happy days to all,

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment