Saturday, March 1, 2014

Adventures in Wonderland: Part Two, Intro

 


Why the Wonderland?

"The Wonderland Trail is a spectacular 90-plus mile loop that encircles the base of  Mount Rainier, gaining and losing about 22,000 cumulative feet along the way.  It runs through fragrant sub alpine meadows, angry river valleys, and mossy forest floors, leaving your head spinning and your eyes longing for more. Around each turn is something new, unique, and unusual. Nature is the masterpiece on display in the gallery that is the Wonderland Trail." -Introduction from Hiking the Wonderland Trail by Tami Asars.

These were the first words I read from the guidebook that I ordered online and I barely put the book down until I read the last words. I wanted to experience the Mountain from every angle. Even more, I needed to escape the fast pace of everyday life and recharge my mind, body and spirit, and that is exactly what happened. Here is the story of my adventures away from civilization with nothing else but the pack on my back, the trekking poles in my hand and my sister by my side.


No comments:

Post a Comment