Wednesday, March 4, 2020

A New Direction?


There are people in my life that worry not only about tomorrow, but next week, next month, the next hour...but, somehow, I missed that gene. It's not to say I have nothing to worry about, but simply that my brain is such that I must compartmentalize by the moment. I don't think too far into the future. I don't like to make plans too far in advance, and I can't focus too heavily on something if there is something else that needs to be taken care of first. I am neither advocating nor ashamed of this mindset. It seems to be a mix of trusting in God and procrastination, both positive and negative. 

As a working mom in the midst of raising teens, I am discovering more and more that this might be considered by some, survival mode. I rarely make plans with friends because something might "come up" that I will need to attend to. I am much better at spontaneous and spur of the moment plans because I can determine right there and then if my absence would jive with everyone in the household. Is this normal? I don't know, it's my normal.

To mom's of teens, does this sound familiar? Opposite of your life? Let me know in the comments how life with teens affects your planning, social life, sense of self.

Also, to those of you who have enjoyed reading this blog, what are some things you would like to see more of? What topics are of interest to you? I think a question answering post would be fun, what would you like to know about my life? Ask, and I'll answer.


2 comments:

  1. I just love your everyday ordinary, you have a special way of showcasing your daily events with humor and heart that makes it heartwarming and real touching a cord with forgotten memories of being raised or of raising. Don't ever stop writing, it is your gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, you have always been my biggest supporter. I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete