Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happily Sugar Free!!

It's day 6 of my "No Sugar" eating plan. Days 1-3 were wrought with fatigue, headache, and severe irritation with everything and everyone who dared cross my path. The night of the third day was characterized by restless sleep and a series of awful nightmares that made me feeling exhausted upon waking up. They say that when you close your eyes and visualize something you really want, if you do it well enough, your brain can't tell if it's real or not. I wonder if the same is true for dreams. If so, I spent the third night getting in a car accident, being helped by a very buff but very creepy man, only to find that as the kids and I arrived at home that same creepy man was setting fire to our house! Then I spent the the rest of the night trying to rescue my children as they ran into the burning house to retrieve their precious toys, and just as I would get one child to safety, I'd realize there were still four in the house!

Needless to say, as tired as I was, I was glad when morning came. That day I continued to have a headache though, and all I wanted to do was put my pajamas on, curl up on the couch and watch a movie.

Alas! Day five I awoke with no headache and I didn't even feel the need to call upon my old friend, the snooze button! I got up and Tina greeted me with, "Good Morning! How do you feel? I feel great!" I did too. For us, day five was the magical day. Our bodies have been detoxified and we felt pretty good.

One big thing I've noticed today (day 6) is when I went out to lunch with a good friend, I didn't even think about perusing the entire menu, I went straight to what I knew I could eat and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal.

The holidays will be the big challenge. I won't say that I won't enjoy a piece of pumpkin pie this year, I will. But it will be a piece, not my slice and all the leftover's that my picky children left on their plates (something, at times, I used to appreciate!).

Happy Saturday to all,

Gina



2 comments:

  1. Regina - I am intrigued by your quest. What was your inspiration? What's your goal. I simply LOVED reading most of your other posts. I certainly wish you ALL THE BEST! Kim Roscoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, my inspiration for cutting out sugar from my diet was the many diabetics in my family. Not to mention the lack of energy and the extra pounds I've packed on in the past four months. My goal is to be free of the sugar addiction so when I do decide to indulge my sweet tooth, I can do so in smaller amounts. I already feel no desire for the sweet stuff that used to be a major weekness for me, I feel like I have more energy and in one week, I've dropped five pounds! There's no going back.

    ReplyDelete