Friday, May 11, 2012

A day of Ups and Downs

The hours in today have taken me through just about every realm of emotions known to mom. I have felt alive in my work as teacher, and my heart just about died as I witnessed heartbreak coming from one of my children.

I missed them when I woke up, and I welcomed the sight of them when I saw them in the classroom.

I hugged them, kissed them, and felt like beating one of them. (I know, call CPS, huh)

Working at the kids' school is a blessing and a curse.... It's one thing to hear bad news from a teacher and work with her to solve the problem, it's another to see the pain in your child's eyes as they are being informed of the consequences of their actions...and not being able to be understanding and comforting and to let him know that everything will be okay.

I know this must sound dire, and to his little heart it is. But six-year-olds regret their actions quickly and can't seem to see far past the current hour. It would have been different if I had the time to talk with him at home when the others went to sleep; but they are all spending another night at their dad's and I barely had the chance to tell him, "It's okay, everyone else is over it, don't hang on to it....learn from it and let it go."

It's quiet here.

Too quiet.

It's friend time.......
I know I've used this one before, but it's fitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment