Sunday, September 30, 2012

Lease on Life

"For we know, if our earthly house of this habitation be dissolved, that we have a building of God, a house not made with hands, eternal in heaven." - 2 Corinthians 5:1  

I'm living in a house I do not own, decorating walls that will not always carry the touches of my life.
Hammering in nails only to have to fill the hole when my tenancy has ended.

The paint is not chosen by me, nor are the tiles or hardwood floors
I can merely furnish, and polish and rearrange.

One day we will live in our forever house.
We will be content with every nook and cranny because they will be ours to keep.

But until I cross over to what belongs to me, I will cherish that which is rented
It is what gives me shelter, warmth and daily storage of all my needs.

This place we call home is not made of walls, and doors, and fixtures
It is made with love, and perseverance and fortitude.

In the house beyond the horizon, perseverance and fortitude will no longer be needed,
but love will always be.




No comments:

Post a Comment